Register    Login    Forum    FAQ     Contact us
The Better Smoking Choice

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » Electronic Cigarette & Quit Smoking

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am 
if i cut down on the nicotine will that stop? i really dont like the dry throat and mouth feeling. my husband was going to try to quit like i have done but he says the after taste is not to his liking. and he continues to smoke real. let me know if im alone? :cry:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:14 am 
You're not alone. In addition to dry throat, I also get a feeling of chest congestion. I'm new at this and ordered 12mg tobacco flavored cartridges as the first try. These are not working for me at all. Got another order with zero nicotine and a couple more flavors coming soon. Hope the nicotine or the flavor is the problem.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:59 pm 
Just an update. I'm the poster directly above. I cut out the nicotine completely and this has helped a great deal. I still get a slight dry mouth, but not the sore throat.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:42 pm 
josie wrote:
if i cut down on the nicotine will that stop? i really dont like the dry throat and mouth feeling. my husband was going to try to quit like i have done but he says the after taste is not to his liking. and he continues to smoke real. let me know if im alone? :cry:

It's getting to the point where it's hard to fall asleep because my throat is so dry. Drinking fluid doesn't help.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:47 pm 

I can't help but wonder if it is because your body is ridding itself of the phlegm and tar from years of smoking.

Every time I try to quit I get similar side effects to what you just mentioned. Same thing if I use ecigs.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:03 am 

Mentholist wrote:
I can't help but wonder if it is because your body is ridding itself of the phlegm and tar from years of smoking.

Every time I try to quit I get similar side effects to what you just mentioned. Same thing if I use ecigs.

I guess what you feel just a warning that our healthy is not really in good condition.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:27 pm 
I also have experienced dry mouth and throat, and more so when i used a higher dose of nicotene. I also noticed that it got worse as my atomizer failed (i use a tornado-t which has an atomizer that requires replacement over time).
Having dry mouth for any reason is EXTREMELY BAD for your teeth, and can cause very rapid decay (same reason meth addicts teeth rot out so quickly). If you continue to experience dry mouth, you should buy a bottle of biotene spray at your drug store. this mimicks saliva, however it is kind of expensive.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:58 pm 
just a quick note my bf is using this electronic cig and has been c/o dry mough- itold him dry mouth is the lack of saliva and this causes alot of damage to your teeth (cavities) . Certain meds cause dry mouth and the solution is biotene spray- its over the couter at pharmacy and you just spray in your mouth. Its not the greatest taste but helps alot and avoids the dental damage. (it comes in mint)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:45 pm 

I could sense one of the withdrawal symptoms maybe? Yes, biotene spray helps. You also might want to get a higher nicotine strength first if you're after the throat hit. Then from there, slowly remind yourself to lower it(maybe in a month or so), after you get used to the vaping flavors. Hope it helps!

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » Electronic Cigarette & Quit Smoking