Register    Login    Forum    FAQ     Contact us
The Better Smoking Choice

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » Electronic Cigarette & Quit Smoking

Post new topic Reply to topic   Twitter  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:30 pm 
I'm looking for a way to stop smoking. Does it work? How long does it take?
Electronic cigarettes look like a better idea than a pill or a patch.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:19 am 
Valued Member

Ask yourself if you really want to quit? The e cigarette is not a "quit smoking" tool. It is a smoking alternative. Do you actually "quit" tobacco? Yes, absolutely. But do you quit smoking? Only if you make it happen!

You can certainly reduce nicotine intake by using cartridges with less nicotine. But don't reduce nicotine right away with the switch. Too many changes to deal with. Start with your level of nicotine and then reduce to zero nicotine over time.
You could also use nicotine patches and smoke zero nicotine ecigs. That way you separate addiction and habit.

The final step once you e-smoke zero nicotine would be to drop the habit altogether. This is not easy but you can make it happen.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:56 am 
I am "quitting" for the 3rd time :) This time with the ecig - so far so good. But there are days when I "cheat" with real cigarettes ..

I started with my typical nicotine level and plan to reduce it over time.

I like the action of smoking. It allows me to take my mind off things. And I enjoy the social component - meeting new people that way.

Hope this helps ...
Yun

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:23 pm 
My way of quitting is changing. And I think that I can do that with the e-cig.

I love mine. I have gone from 5 packs per week to maybe 2-3. I did it without the cravings, without "needing" something. I hope to be completely tobacco cigarette free soon. And eventually I want to get down to nicotine free cartridges.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:52 pm 
I've been tobacco-free for four months with my "e-cig". These are a blessing to nicotine addicts. No fire, no smoke, no smell. I feel great, no longer cough in the morning.

I really don't like the hypocrasy of the anti-smokers: nicotine in gum or patch is "medicine" inhaled it is a "drug" and sometimes a "poison".

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:08 pm 
I had two friends recommend the e cigarette to me. In the past I tried other methods to quit smoking but was not successful.

They take a little time getting used to - but they are very similar to a "real" cigarette. Flavor is great and odorless is even better.

After just one week I have cut my cigarette smoking in half with the e-cigarette. I actually didn't attempt to quit completely. I think that I will be off cigarettes completely within a couple of months.

Stock up on cartridges or liquid when you start, it is no fun running out.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 pm 
I have been smoking for twenty three years and now I can say that I have found a way to quit smoking: e cigarettes ... well, not quit smoking, does that makes sense?

I like to smoke, I don't want to quit, but I don't want to die of lung cancer and stuff. My electronic cigarette is the way it works for me.
With this device you get the nicotine, so no withdrawals and you still keep your habit, get your relaxation, you don't smell, and I guess you can "e-smoke" anywhere which I don't really care about.

It's heavier than a cigarette, so that took a little getting used to... It isn't hot, so you can put it into your pocket and simply put it down.

I am really so excited about this product!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 pm 
For the past two weeks I have been "smoke" free for the first time in 25 years.
Over the years I've tried eveything else - the patch, gum, zyban, chantix, inhalers, hypnosis - all with no luck. I consider the e-cigarette coming into my life to be a miracle. (After trying a couple differant brands it was the 510 that finally did it for me) When I'm ready, I plan on reducing the nicotine and then quitting the e-cigs. In the meantime I no longer have the tar and carcinogens gunking up my lungs.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:40 am 
I had smoked for 34 years and was up to almost 2 packs a day until the e cig. This product is god sent for the smoker who has tryed everything to quit and couldnt! My last real cigarette was 3 1/2 months ago and ive been nicotine free for 2 1/2 months! Truely a miracle product despite what the FDA says!

When i purchased this product i truely had no intentions of quitting smoking, but after my first puff i remember thinking, OMG i can do this! And I did! My last real cigarette was the day i purchased the e cig! I went from high nicotine cartridges, to mediums, to low, and then to ZERO nicotine cartridges. I did this in a months time. I in the past have tryed all the quit aids...imo , theyre all garbage. We have a true winner with the e cig, thats fer sure!

As most of us know smoking is way more then just the addiction to nicotine. The e cig takes care of all the habits along with the drug addiction to nicotine. I believe this is why it works. Maybe knowing you dont have to stop the hand addiction until you want to , was the key for me not failing and picking up again. Today i use the e cig with a zero nicotine cartridge here and there and some days not at all. I can leave the house without it or even loose it without caring...i find this amazing! Who would of thought i would be able to quit after all these years and so easily to boot.

I feel wonderful! I have NO cough, am able to climb stairs and run again without almost dieing! This product is truely amazing. If you havent tryed it...I suggest do so, you wont be sorry!

As far as the news i heard about what the FDA found this month,,,,i say HOGWASH! Funny how they are out to ban the e cig yet allow the real cigarette on the market! The real cigarette has over 4000 chemicals in it including formaldahyde! But yet, lets ban the e cig!!??? The quit smoking aids on the market currently either dont work or could KILL you, yet they are off to getting the e cig off the market! I find this pitiful! The patch keeps nicotine in your system 24/7 and can be deadly to many, chantex makes many go off the deep end with suicide as a possible end result and others plain dont work! My guess is its ALL about the almighthy buck! Truely pitiful! :evil:

Bottom line...the e cig in my opinion is the most ingenious invention out there! I am smoke free for almost 4 months now, feel great, and could jump up and down telling people about it!! Dont let the FDA or anybody else tell you it dont work until youve tryed it....i think youll be quite surprised!!!

p.s. I bought the pen style. It doesnt look like a cigarette (helps taking into restaurants, ect) it has a bigger battery, (holds a charge longer, youll use 2 for the day) and it has a bigger cartridge which holds enough liquid which lasts the day.

Hope this gets just ONE person to put down that cancer stick and find a new healthier life...i did and just couldnt resist sharing it! :D

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 am 

I initially heard about the e-cigarette for the first time a couple of months ago from my cousin who was getting ready to order one from an internet site. She explained the concept of the e-cig and her hopes that it would help get her through those times at work when she was unable to smoke. Working in on a ICU Unit of a hospital (moments of very high stress) this sounded interesting. Maybe I could get my "fix" in a restroom without having to leave the floor was my thinking at the time, I can't say I had any thoughts of quitting, after trying all the quit aids in the past, I had pretty much given up on that. So I ordered one. I can't say I was too impressed with the initial brand I purchased, but I did see the potential and started doing some research. It was also the 510 and the discovery of "juicing" that did it for me.

I have been smoke free for a month now, after a 30 year 1 1/2 - 2 pack a day habit!

As the previous post stated, beyond the nicotine, it satifies all the habits associated with smoking. MIRACLE, AMAZING, GODSEND, are all understatements in my opinion.
That the FDA would be giving the industry grief boggles my mind. I truly believe this device has the potential of helping millions of people quit smoking, you would think they would be excited. Getting the word out should be their focus, I guess it just goes to prove that they don't necessarily have our best interests at heart.

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » Electronic Cigarette & Quit Smoking