Register    Login    Forum    FAQ     Contact us
The Better Smoking Choice

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » General E-Cigarette Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic   Twitter  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:21 pm 

Oh man this cracks me up. The ingredient in antifreeze you need to watch out for is METHANOL. the glycol additives are vehicles for the methanol to be properly dispersed in the solution, much as alcohol is used as a vehicle for perfumes, and water is a vehicle for kool aid. ( Sorry I had to) for PG to be even partially risky, it needs to be in HIGH concentrations. Like per liter of blood, 4 grams straight PG. So if you got 5 bottles of smoke juice and drank them all you might get some kind of adverse effect. Aside from being dead from too much nicotine. That's the real dangerous material, more deadly gram for gram than arsenic.

There is a small contingent of people that are sensitive to pg, and are recommended to use a vegetable glycerin. Some may think they are sensitive to PG, but as PG is a humectant, and draws up moisture, you may want to keep a drink handy for the dry throat.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:30 pm 
Christopher wrote:
Is there any e cig that doesn't use the Propylene Glycol (anti freeze). I have a green smoke ecig and find both the reg and marl flavors sweet tasting and I am thinking that is what is causing it.

Just for your FYI, ethylene Glycol is an ingredient used in antifreeze not Propylene Glycol. Propylene Glycol is used in many food items that we ingest on a daily basis and non food items as well.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:55 am 
I have been using the e cigs w/pg for about a month and i had severe lung inflamation I have never felt so bad in my life I was coughing had chest pain and could not breath. I would never use it again I have quit smoking and I really liked it it did help me but the end result was horrible.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:05 pm 
Guest wrote:
I have been using the e cigs w/pg for about a month and i had severe lung inflamation I have never felt so bad in my life I was coughing had chest pain and could not breath. I would never use it again I have quit smoking and I really liked it it did help me but the end result was horrible.

I bought my first 3-cig earlier this year, it was an Anytime E-Cig, I used it quite a bit and all was fine for awhile, then one evening I started getting severe chest pain which also radiated to my back, I don't actually know if it was from the e-cig or not but it reoccurred a few times, eventually I went to the doctor about it and he didn't think it was anything serious.

I stopped using the e-cig and haven't had this problem occur over the past few months, i'm not certain it was caused by it but it seems possible.

Now it could have been something in the e-cig causing it or it could have been just over use, also where you drag a bit longer and harder it could have just been stressing the lungs, or the chest wall muscles, i'm not sure.

Anyway, since stopping the e-cig I went back to regular cigs now and then, but have decided to try again, I got a greensmoke e-cig now and so far i've not had any problems, but im making sure not to overdo it, lets be honest we know they are safer than real cigs but we dont know that they are totally safe yet, its too soon so I think use in moderation is the key, especially if you do have any side effects.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 pm 
How much of the anti e-cig info out there is from the major tobacco companies? I wonder...

I love mine, but I am worried there hasn't been enough testing, but it feels a lot better than the pack a day I was smoking before. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to kick everything altogether. Until then, it's e-cigs over real cigs for me.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:09 pm 
What I find amusing is that real cigs have PG in them so why are they "OK" to use?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:45 am 
Blu e cigs website states that their product is propylene glycol free.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:08 pm 
See primevapor.com...vegetable glycerin in place of PG. However, right now they seem to be out of stock on all of their flavors, and this is not the first time.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:07 pm 
I don't think there's anything "unsafe" about either PG or VG as they are both found in everyday products. However, I have noticed a constant twitch under my right eye when I started vaping with any e-cig containing PG. As soon as I switched to blucigs (which use USP Glycerine) the twitch stopped, never to return again. Apparently I am just sensitive to the PG. Oh well.
My problem is that the blu batteries are kind of weak. I'm looking around for another brand that doesn't use PG but not having a whole lot of luck. Any suggestions?

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:39 am 
No. 7 has never used propylene glycol. Been using Vegetable Glycerine the whole time. It tastes much better and has much better vapor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » General E-Cigarette Discussion