Register    Login    Forum    FAQ     Contact us
The Better Smoking Choice

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » General E-Cigarette Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic   Twitter  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:15 pm 
Valued Member

**** Best Electronic Cigarette Brands ****

Anyone heard of these guys? They sell em down at a local gas station. 39.99 for 1 batt, 1 charger, 5 carts.

Refill carts are 6 for 7 bucks.

I was thinking about getting these, but gal at the gas station says she has some customers return them.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

I would not buy anything with only one battery. You need at least two batteries. Besides that I can not comments on the quality ... However, the website does not look professional at all!

I would recommend that you look at this buying guide featuring various electronic cigarette brands with reviews from real users. This way you will find a quality product.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:15 pm 
There's two batteries, 1 atomizer, 6 filled carts. Since I really didn't want to go spending upward of $60 plus shipping for something I wasn't sure I was going to like, I bought one last Saturday. I like it, am going online to order more carts on pay day, and saving up for something better that uses cartimizers.
Basically not bad for a starter e-cig.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:14 pm 
I use them and like them a lot. Currently trying to figure out how to refill carts with smoke juice. Dunno if possible w/atomizer not separate. Anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:10 am 
Do not buy them they are a piece of junk... the batteries do not last at all, you can barely get any smoke out of them, and end up with a mouth full of the liquid that's in the cartridge. Save your money!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:55 am 
I use them and like them a lot. However, I haven't tried any other brands yet. I will when the batt dies for good. I got the rechargeable one after trying disposable 1st. I believe the website (21stcenturysmoke.com) calls it something like the quick starter kit or something, but I got mine from a local store. It is supposed to be rechargeable for about 30 times. I've gone beyond that in number of overnight recharges plus I recharge it a couple of times a day, but that's only b/c I don't wait the full 2-3 hrs for it to charge during the day. I go through batt quickly b/c I use it frequently all day, not just on breaks or every couple/few hours like most. I need another batt for this, and as ecig365 wrote, when I purchase my next e-cig kit I will def get one with min. of 2 batts. So, I concur with judecat. Trying it out, and realizing that this is the way I want to go, has given me time to research, review, compare, price, and finally order my chosen starter kit for long-time use.

The carts, locally are 3/$10, which sucks. So I have now figured out how to beat paying that much by re-using the carts with smoke juice. :idea: After getting e-juice locally 1st to figure out how to do it, I ordered some - an asst. of samples - from sweet-vapes.com and highly recommend them. It's easy to re-fill the carts. :arrow: You just pop out the white mouth covering and the clear ring behind that with a pushpin or paperclip or whatever tool that works for you (personally, I separate and use the inside metal part of a clothespin b/c it's stronger than a paperclip and not sharp. You don't need sharp.) Then take your liquid and squeeze some juice around the outside edge of the wick. Put it back together. Wait a while for it to absorb - the longer you wait (~24 hrs) the better it works, and wa-la! You're good to go. ;) There are tons of videos and posts to explain this process in more detail, but it's much easier than I had imagined, so don't obsess and over-think it. I've refilled my carts 2-3 times and still going strong, but I imagine that's going to end soon. They have waaay outlived how long people say they last.

I hope this helps you and other newbies looking to try out something cheap.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:05 pm 
Update: I purchased the Joye 510 starter which includes 2 batt, 2 atomizer, charger, and 5 carts. I just gotta say OMG the batteries suck royally! I go thru 2 batteries in less time than I go thru 1 of the other (21st century). Plus, it seems like I'm always putting more drops in. I can't believe this e-cig is so highly recommended by so many people. Personally, I think the draw is worse and the vapor is weak. I always have to drop some juice on the atomizer too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.... I'm considering sending it back. I'm surprised that an unknown brand is superior to what everyone says is the best one. Very disappointed. BTW, I purchased my Joye 510 through ecigbestsave.com for about $40 if anyone is still looking for a place to buy it. I still use my old one sometimes. Anyway, I sound like a commercial. Maybe 21st Century should pay me commission. lol

I've been getting my e-juice from sweet-vapes.com I really like them, but I haven't tried anywhere else yet. Don't know that I want to. I've been getting 5 sample bottles - 3ml each - for $10. It's great for trying out all the flavors, and wow do they have a selection! Needless to say, I recommend them.

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:10 am 
Strong Contributor

All seems good but only 1 battery and 1 charger!!! why? They can easily give 2 battries, it doesn't cost much for them but if you get some trouble in battery, it will cost you very more for a new one.

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:41 pm 
can anybody tell me if I can get this in Canada??

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:14 am 
I have been using them for 6 weeks and have not smoked one cigarette. I got the starter kit and it came with 2 batteries and 2 chargers! The only thing I did'nt like is the carts. that came with it, I like the ones with the self contained atomizers. There in a three pack.

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » General E-Cigarette Discussion