Register    Login    Forum    FAQ     Contact us
The Better Smoking Choice

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » New to Electronic Cigarettes / Product Questions

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 am 

I have been smoking lights and now ultra lights for over 10 years. I want to switch to electronic cigarettes. Which strength in equal to ultra light?

Thanks!
Huy --

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:03 am 
Valued Member

The naming of the cartridge nicotine levels is different by brand. To get something equal to ultra-lights I recommend picking the lowest nicotine level.

Some companies have cartridges with nicotine levels Zero, ultra-light, light, full and others specify the nicotine in mg (milligrams) such as 16mg, 8mg, 6mg, 4mg, 0 mg nicotine.

I suggest that when you first switch to an electronic cigarette don't reduce your nicotine level initially to make your transition as smooth as possible. After you feel comfortable with your new electronic cigarette then you can reduce the nicotine level if you wish.

Ken

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:40 am 
Something to keep in mind about traditional cigarettes. The descriptions of Full Flavor, Lights, and Ultra Lights, are only referring to the FLAVOR not the Nicotine content. The average cigarette contains about 16mg. I currently own Blu. I have only had the Blu e-cig for a month. I started with there full flavored cartriges. I now refill my cartriges with 11mg from Johnson Creek. I purchased Blu with the intention of using it as a stop smoking aid. (keep in mind that an e-cig is not endorsed as a stop smoking product)
My next order from Johnson Creed will be 0mg of nicotine. I just truly enjoy using Blu.
The other day I was offered a traditional cigarette. I accepted it, lit it, and felt like I was going to be sick. I have smoked for 15 years, 1 to 1.5 packs a day. I didn't realized how nasty a traditional cigarette was.

I hope this helps you in deciding to switch to an e-cig. The reviews that ecigarettes365.com has done should help you decide what to purchase.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:53 am 
I just started this week using e cig's. The first one I started with was "Cig20". 18mg. I got hits off of it like a real cigarette. But I overdosed.. and headed straight to get a lower dose, unfortunately they only have 0mg.as the next level down. I assumed that would be like smoking air. Furthermore the ones i just bought with another company,are 10-14mg known as a low dose nicotine. I have done all this in one week and spent about $100 just trying to get it right. I have learned though to just stick with what I have now. And in another week or 2 check out the 0mg. Also smoking real cigarettes with e cigs, is completing dangerous. If you think you have overdosed call your doctor immediately. It does take along time for the nicotine to go out of your system. :shock:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:11 pm 
Valued Member

The company I buy e-liquid from is as follows:

36 mg (Super High) = Unfiltered, very strong
24 mg (Extra High) = Full flavored, stronger
16 mg (High) = Most full flavored
11 mg (Medium) = Light
8 mg (Low) = Ultra-Light
0 mg (NO) = None, No nicotine

Board index » Electronic Cigarette Discussions » New to Electronic Cigarettes / Product Questions